Monday 30 March 2020

Economics Project - iPhone Example

Below is a sample project created for assessment purposes only. The intention is to look at the rubric to assess if it meets all the standards for this project. If yes, how does it meet them? If no, what can we do to make sure it does? Hint: this project does demonstrate a lot of learning; however, there is definitely room for improvement - your challenge is to identify the next steps to make it better.

For the past few weeks, we have been studying economics and trying to answer the compelling question:

How does economics impact the individual and society.


For this unit, we showed our learning by choosing a product or company and producing supporting questions. I chose iPhones. My supporting questions - with the key concepts highlighted - were:

  1. What role does innovation play in the product of iPhones?
  2. What are the global and/or local costs and benefits of iPhones?
  3. What are iPhones so much higher than competitor product prices.

I decided to create a website to show my learning because I wanted to be able to embed different media. A website also allowed me to present the information I found in easy-to-read sections.

Take 4 minutes to watch my presentation below.


All done? Visit my site here and then take complete the Quizizz on the 'Test Yourself' page to see what you have learned.

Remember to come back and let us know what you learned or post any questions you have!

Update:
Now that we've completed this activity, I've embedded your feedback below. To add to this and make expectations clear, I would remind you:
  • you do not need to include every economic term in your video, because the economic terms are already in your materials in a way that shows your understanding
  • speaking slowly and clearly is very important
  • notice the typo in the 3rd supporting question above - such errors easily be avoided by having a peer or family member check your work 
  • if citing, use MLA format and then add to your Sources / Works Cited / Bibliography section of your presentation

Was this helpful? Let us know in the comments.

Happy learning and put your best effort into your project - I'm sure they will be fascinating and we will learn a lot from each other!

15 comments:

  1. Hi Ms. Abena
    I thought this post was helpful because it was very informative.
    Maitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ms. Abena
    This was helpful because it showed us how we can change and improve our individual projects by helping us make sure we have included everything needed to get a high score on the econ project.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ms. Abena,
    I thought this video was helpful since it helped me understands the process of the iPhones and how they affect the society which I thought was interesting. One thing I noticed in your presentation is that you used good language usage to go with the passage but you have spoken a bit too fast so I think you could improve that.

    - CJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mrs. Abena,
    I thought that your video was very helpful because it was very clear and informative.
    I think that you should slow down your talking because some parts were quite unclear.
    Overall, I really liked your video and I thought that it was very helpful.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mrs. Abena,
    I thought that this was helpful because when I was stuck somewhere trying to figure out what to write next I would come back here and see what you wrote just to get an idea.
    Kind regards,
    Ola

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mrs. Abena
    I thought this was helpful because some of the comments showed me that I needed to change some things in my project however a lot of the grows and grows were saying the same things.
    Xander

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Mrs. Abena,
    I think that it was helpful but wouldn't be necessary because you can include those things in your video but it is an easy place to find your project. Also, it's a good place for the quiz but not everybody would need to do a blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Miss Abena,
    I thought you did a great job of presenting everything that you have learned, and explained it well so now we are aware of your knowlege to.
    I found it very helpfull for many reasons,
    1. This is an example I will use when presenting my presentation so I know what Is expected of me.
    2. Now we can think about what you told us when buying an iphone ( maybe not in my case )
    3. we learn more in depth about the company and not just the phone on its own.
    4. we learn how it helps the economy.
    -Alina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mrs. Abena,
    I thought this post was very helpful because it had a lot of information and it was very clear. Before I saw this post, I had no idea what to do for my econ project video but after I saw your example, I was so relieved. I really liked your video and I thought it helped me A LOT.
    Kosei

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mrs Abena.
    This is a very helpful website and the video was very neat and arranged. This website has helped me to learn how Iphones were manufactured and how it became popular and successful. I think that you could slow down your talking because some of the information is kind of a blur but overall I think this really helped me a lot

    Ben
    bit.ly/BENBlog
    please drop a comment back to me here

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mrs. Abena
    This blog was very helpful in telling me exactly what I needed to do in my blog. It was clear and and had a lot of information.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Ms. Abena
    I think this post was really helpful because it gave me a general idea of how I should write my blog and edit it. It also helped me understand what structure my blog should be/follow.
    Sincerely,
    Jongseo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ms. Abena
    I thought that your post was helpful because it shows us what we need to work on for our projects and what we did well already. The post also showed us an example of what our blog post should look like. Overall it was helpful for feedback and as an example for all of us.
    Mees

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mrs.Abena
    I think this was very helpful, because it show examples about how to write posters and what main Idea i have to add on my poster.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ms.Abena
    I thought that you're blog was able to help me learn how big the impact of apple is on the economy. It also helped me learn new things with a fun quiz.
    A question I have is where are you talking about with apples economy

    From-Yilin

    ReplyDelete

Economics Project - iPhone Example

Below is a sample project created for assessment purposes only. The intention is to look at the rubric to assess if it meets all the standa...